The Alaska Teamsters-Employer Service Training Trust’s (ATESTT) primary training facility is located in Anchorage at the Alaska Teamsters Local 959 Hall and an Administrative office at the Fairbanks Hall.
The training facility provides training in the following areas:
• Apprenticeship: Construction Truck Drivers, Surveyor Assistant – Instruments, Freight/Line Drivers (over-the-road), Logistics Technician (warehouse/material coordinators)
• Commercial Driver Training: PTDI certified six-week CDL training, Fast Track CDL A, Construction Driver upgrades, Road Skills Assessment Training, CDL A and CDL B, Passenger endorsement and DMV Road testing.
• Hazardous Materials: Hazardous waste first responder, general site worker, and 49 CFR 172.704Transportation Awareness.
• Construction Industry: Qualified Rigger/Signalperson, boom truck, forklift certification, First Aid/CPR & AED, MSHA and NSTC and other safety training.
Teamster Apprenticeship Occupations
• Construction Driver – 3,200 hour (4 years)
• Surveyor Assistant, Instruments (Technical Engineer) – 4,000 hour (4 years)
• Freight Over-the-Road / Line Driver (Heavy Truck) – 3,600 hour (3 years)
• Logistic Technician (Material Coordinator) – 4,000 hour (2 years)
A Board of Trustees, consisting of an equal number of labor and employer trustees, manages the Alaska Teamster-Employers Service Training Trust.